Monday, October 29, 2012

Once a Bridesmaid ... Always a Blogger

royal wedding miami
Move over William and Kate, here comes Babushka's wedding!


My sidekick Bohemian Babushka up and made this crazy decision to get married next year.  This gorgeous and funny-as-hell Cubanasa grandma is hitting the altar for the third time with a gringo!  It's his first wedding, so ya tu sabes. When she asked me to be her Maid of Honor, I was moved but also piqued by the irony of the singleton helping to arrange a marriage ceremony and reception.

So what's a girl to do? Well, of course, the FIRST step was to set up a Pinterest board, which has been an experiment in a more visual style of blogging. This is no ordinary collection of images; I try to write pithy and quirky captions to capture the spirit of our blogging personalities.  And Pinterest isn't all Martha Stewart Rachel Ray wannabees ... there are even boards about condoms! (Practice safe sex, ladies!)

Pinterest is "owned" by a largely female audience. It is a wonder women across the world aren't menstruating at the same time because we spend so much time on the addictive social network!

Can a maid of honor say vagina? This one might.


Babushka originally wanted to get married in Legoland -- yes, she's marvelously crazy that way -- but now we're focused on Miami where most of the familia resides. And with me at the helm and Babushka taking the vow with her Sweetie, you know this aint gonna be no ordinary blah and boring shindig, like Prince William and Kate Middleton's wedding -- that was a serious yawner -- this social media Conga line is going to shake up the 305!

I've never been a Maid of Honor dishonor before! Even in family weddings, I was always an observer on the sidelines. It's a refreshing change of pace to be invested in a friend's happiness instead.

Follow the shenanigans of las dos locas on Facebook, Pinterest and on Twitter with the hashtag #babuboda.

1 comment:

Bohemian Babushka said...

This brought tears to my eyes. From laughter o el sentimiento of you doing such a great job I don't know, but believe me when I say I'm here with tears running down my face trying not to get electrocuted as I type. Abrazotes My Capitan, eres LA BEST!!! BB2U